Sunday, July 3, 2011

Paleo Challenge

For those of you that are new there is no better time to try a paleo challenge than when all the garden produce is coming in. There have been suggestions to set aside the month of August to eat strictly "paleo" and see what happens. I know for me that was when I lost 10 pounds. I lost the next 10 pounds when I was so encouraged by my weight loss results and blood test results that I stayed on the diet that was working!

For those of you that tried this diet but fell off the wagon this is the prefect time to get back on. When everyone works together it is much more encouraging than when one person tries it alone.

I encourage each of you to get a copy of Robb Wolf's book The Paleo Solution. I still have suspicions about the science of this diet but the results made me a believer that something about it is better than what I was doing. The recipes in the back are worth buying the book.

We are going to have several categories to excel in: inches lost, pounds lost, workout improvement and fewest cheats. The last week of July we will do several workouts that we will repeat the last week of the challenge to see improvement. I will record starting weight and inches around your waist at the end of July and check amounts lost the first of September. During this month keep a detailed record of everything you eat and drink and turn them in on the first day of September to determine how well you stayed "paleo".

There are several lists of what is allowed and not allowed that are confusing and contradictory. I personally took everything on anyone's list of what was allowed and ate it all. We can come up with a list of what is allowed so that the cheats are more fair. Mainly you eat meat, vegetables, some fruit, nuts and refrain from any grains and dairy. For this challenge I suggest we follow a paleo diet that we might relax later on but for 30 days we can do this.

Are you up to the challenge? There will be prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment