Tuesday, September 20, 2011

5 K Run October 29, 2011

On the table at the gym there are fliers for a 5 K Run for a cause. The organization sponsoring the event is one I happen to be involved in. They are raising money for Bone Marrow Transplant Registry in our area. If you would like to register for this you may do that at the same time when you are at the race. It is not a requirement to run, just available if you want to.

What I would like us to do as a gym, is to register for the race and advertise the effectiveness of our crossfit program. Taking Mark Guilliam's advice I looked up scores for the last 5K in our area and compared our scores from the last time we did a 5K as a WOD. We had great times and would do well in any race!! I thought if we had 10 people from the gym register for the race I would pay the registration fee from the gym. For a group of 10 or more the registration is $10 each if we register by Oct 14. If we don't have a group of 10 the registration fee is $20 per person. I will still pay $10 for each person up to 10 people but you would be responsible to pay the rest of your registration if you can't convince your friends to run with you.

I'm sure we would have winners in several categories. This would take the place of our Saturday workout on October 29 and be great advertising for us if we do well. Please talk to me or leave a comment here if you are interested in running and showing off what we do. The date is well into the future so we can plan ahead and fit this in to our busy lives. I have three people committed so far. Are you interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment